How do you go from majoring in communications to touring the world as a one of Bette Midler’s Harlettes? Carol Hatchett chats about what she learned working with the likes of Bette Midler, Tina Turner and Sheila E., what compelled her to move from Chicago to Los Angeles, and golden wisdom she gives to her own students.
- Carol on Insta – https://www.instagram.com/thebarerootmusic/
- Carol on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/thebarerootmusic/
- Bella Brown and the Jealous Lovers – https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/bellabrownthejealouslovers
- You’re going to have to decide what you want and then do the work.
- Surround yourself with great people.
- When you work with the greats pay attention and take notes.
- Stay classy and remember what your purpose and point is.
- You have to be skilled at what you do and know the ins and outs of what you do. Understand the work and the reality that goes behind it.
- Sometimes you have to decide who you are and what you can live with.
- You have to love yourself way more than your desire to book a gig.
- Don’t get into this business thinking you’re going to climb to the top. There is no arrival. It’s a business of ups and downs and you have to find yourself in those ups and downs.
- Just because an opportunity is there and shiny doesn’t mean it’s gold.
- You have to be tough and pliable all at the same time.
Get your freebie “singing lessons” pdf here!
Thanks for listening!
Special thanks to Carol for joining us this week!