Laura Jane opens up about how her gig with Enrique Iglesias almost didn’t happen, the balance between being a singer for hire and being an artist, and what she learned working with the late great Teena Marie. She also discusses mentoring young artists and her upcoming workshops.
Join the email list and get your “singing lessons” freebie here!
- Insta – @miss_janejonez
- Twitter – @sweetlaurajane1
- Facebook – Laura Jane Sweet
- iTunes –Laura Jane
- Youtube – Laura Jane
- Your inner voice is always going to guide you in the right direction. It’s up to you to listen.
- You have to be willing to take a risk.
- Find a good mentor.
- There is value to singing background. It is a skill. It is an art form.
- Be of the community, help and serve people.
- Learn your craft.
- Be the best you can be. Be the best person on the gig. Be the best songwriter that you can be. Be the best at what you do.
Thanks for listening!
Special thanks to Laura Jane for joining us this week!