Michelle Tyler is the lead singer and founder two successful tribute bands for over a decade: “Mirage: Visions of Fleetwood Mac” and “Bella Donna Tribute to Stevie Nicks.” Michelle gives insights on how she started her tributes, her strategies for keeping a full performance calendar, how to pull together stellar promo that will get catch a talent booker’s eye, and much more!
- You have to be persistent. You have to know where being persistent and being a pest starts.
- You need a good promo video, but it can’t be so highly edited that bookers can’t tell if you can really play. They need to see and hear what you really sound like.
- You don’t want your promo video to be longer than five minutes.
- When putting together your website you have to think, “who am I doing this for. Is it primarily for my fan base or the booker?”
- Keep your website professional and simple.
- Have a consistent group you always work with along with a backup plan.
- Do it because you love doing it and if you’re good at it and you’ve got a good product you will make a difference and you can rise to the top.
Thanks for listening!
Special thanks to Michelle for joining us this week!