Our Working Singer podcast guest this week is singer/songwriter, Shannon Curtis. She has created a thriving music career performing donation based house concerts across the US for the past 8 years.
This is a deep dive into how to ask for what we need as artists, how to transform the scarcity mentality so many musicians live with, and how to create a thriving house concert circuit.
We also discuss Shannon’s crowd sourced music video that led to her being invited to give a TedX Talk in 2015, and her book, “No Booker, No Bouncer, No Bartender: How I Made $25K on a 2-Month House Concert Tour (And How You Can Too).” This is a value packed episode you DO NOT want to miss!
- Shannon’s TedX Talk
- Shannon on Instagram
- Shannon’s viral music video, “I know, I know”
- Shannon’s podcast
- There are people in the world who want to support art that matters to them and if you can figure out a way to engage them in a way that is meaningful and ongoing in terms of developing community you can make art in a sustainable, fulfilling way.
- Be able to identify and ask for what you need.
- Give people an opportunity to be engaged in what you’re doing. People want to be part of the things in the world that matter to them.
- Get to know your community. Spend time building relationships with people.
Thanks for listening!
Special thanks to Shannon for joining us this week!